To approve or reject Head Contract Variation (HCV) as the designated 'Reviewer.'
If you have been designated as the person responsible for reviewing a change order for your project's prime contract, you can use the steps below.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To approve or reject a PCCO, 'Standard' level permissions or higher on the project's Change Orders tool and added as the designated 'Reviewer' on the change order.
- To view a PCCO in the Change Orders tool, 'Read Only' or 'Standard' level permissions on the project's Prime Contracts tool and added as a member of the 'Private' list on the prime contract.
- Additional Information:
- Only one (1) user can be designated as a reviewer on a HCV.
- A reviewer can only respond to a HCV when it is in the 'Pending - In Review' or 'Pending - Revised' state.
- PCCOs can only be reviewed in the Procore web application. Email responses from reviewers are NOT supported.
- For customers using Procore's Field Productivity and Project Financials tools, production quantities and hours entered on your project's Head Contract Variations (HCVs) automatically updates data in these Procore features, when HCVs are placed in the 'Approved' status:
- The Procore Labour Productivity Cost budget view. See Set Up the Procore Labour Productivity Cost Budget View.
- The Field Production Report. See Set Up a Field Production Report.
- To learn about the data columns in this report, see Which data columns are in a Field Production Report?
- To learn about the Procore tools that interact with this report, see Which Procore project tools update data in the Field Production Report?
- If you are the designated 'Reviewer' on the HCV, choose from these options:
- Open the notification email about the HCV was forwarded to your email Inbox. Look for the email with the subject line: 'FW: Head Contract Variation: HCV #: Title.' See Forward a Variation to a Project User by Email.
- In the Project Home page, locate the Head Contract COs item in the My Open Items area. See About the Project Home Page.
- Navigate to the project's Prime Contracts tool. Then locate the in the Change Orders tab and click View. See View a Prime Contract.
- Navigate to the Variations tool. In the Head Contracts tab, locate the variation and click View.
- Enter a response in the Reviewer's Response box.
- Click Reject this HCV or Approve this HCV.
Note: The system sends an email notification about your response to the creator of the HCV.