To create a Change Order Request (COR) for a prime contract.
A Change Order Request (COR) provides you with the ability to create a package that contains one (1) or more Potential Change Orders (PCOs) to use as a formal request to the project's owner. When creating a COR, it is a common practice to group PCOs that share the same scope of work into a single COR. This helps to organize your change orders into logical groups, which can streamline the review and approval process for the project owner.
ImportantA VR requires that your project's Head Contracts tool is configured to use the three (3) tier variation setting. 1- and 2- tier variation configurations do NOT support the use of CORs. See What are the different variation tiers?
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Prime Contracts tool.
- The project's head contract must be in the 'Approved' state.
- Navigate to the project's Head Contracts tool.
- Click Create VAR Request.
Note: This button is only available if your project's head contract is in the 'Approved' status.
- Complete the following:
- Number. This field is automatically prefilled based on the number of other VRs that have been created. By default, the number will automatically increment by one. However, you can manually enter a different number, if desired. (Note: If you manually enter a number, the next VR that's created will automatically increment by one, based upon this specified value.)
- Date Created. Displays the date and time that the VR was created. You cannot change this value.
- Revision. This field displays the VR's revision number. When a VR is first created, its revision number is zero (0). Depending on the feedback you receive from the reviewer/approver, a VR may have multiple revisions.
- Created By. Displays the name of the user who created the VR. You cannot change this name.
- Title. Enter a title that describes the VR.
- Status. Select the current state of the VR.
- Approved. The VR has been approved. Costs are reflected as 'Approved Changes' in the budget.
- Draft. The VR still needs to be modified before it can be submitted for review. Costs are not reflected in the budget.
- Pending - In Review. The VR is currently being reviewed by an approver. Costs are reflected as 'Pending Changes' in the budget.
- Pending - Revised. The VR has been modified since its initial submission. Costs are reflected as 'Pending Changes' in the budget.
- Pending - Pricing. The VR is pending and is currently out for pricing. Costs are reflected as 'Pending Changes' in the budget.
- Pending - Not Pricing. The VR is pending and is not actively being priced. Costs are reflected as 'Pending Changes' in the budget.
- Pending - Proceeding. The VR is still pending and the work is being completed. Costs are reflected as 'Pending Changes' in the budget.
- Pending - Not Proceeding. The VR is pending and the work is not currently taking place. Costs are reflected as 'Pending Changes' in the budget.
- Rejected. The VR was rejected. Costs are not reflected in the budget.
- No Charge. The VR will be performed at no charge. Costs are not reflected in the budget.
Note: These statuses reflect the budget in the ways listed above for the Procore Standard Budget View. To create or modify views, see Set up a New Budget View.
- Prime Contract Change Order. (For 3-tier change orders only) If desired, you can add the COR to a PCCO. You can either select an existing PCCO from the drop-down menu or create a new PCCO where the COR will automatically be added to it.
- Private. Mark this checkbox if you want the COR to be private and only visible to users with 'Admin' permissions on the Prime Contract tab.
- Description. Enter a more detailed description of the VR.
- Program Impact. If known, you can provide an estimate of the number of additional days that would potentially be added to the current project program if the VR were approved.
- Potential Variation. Select which PCOs to include in the VR.
- Attachments. Select and attach any relevant documents.
- Click Create.
NoteIf you want to email the VR to the project owner or another user for review, click Create & Email. This action opens a new page where you can select the recipients for the email. The recipients can then email a reply to the message to approve the variation.