To update advanced settings for a head contract using the controls in the Head Contracts tool's Advanced Settings tab.
If you are a user with 'Admin' permission on the Head Contracts tool, the steps below show you how to edit advanced settings for the project's head contract. This includes choosing an accounting method for the Schedule of Values (SOV), enabling financial markup, owner progress claim settings, comments settings and payment settings. In addition to these Advanced Settings, additional contract configuration settings are on the tool's Configure Settings page. See Configure Settings: Head Contracts.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' on the project's Head Contracts tool.
- Additional Information:
- Additional contract configuration settings are on the tool's Configure Settings page. See Configure Settings: Head Contracts.
- Navigate to the project's Head Contracts tool.
- Click Advanced Settings.
Note: If your browser window is not in full screen mode, choose More > Advanced Settings.
- Click Edit.
- Under Schedule of Values Settings, set the following:
- Accounting Method. Select Amount Based or Unit/Qty Based. After you create one or more line item, you will not be permitted to modify this setting. See How do I determine my accounting method? for more information on the difference between Amount Based and Unit/Quantity based.
- Under Financial Markup Settings, set the following:
- Enable Financial Markups. Place a checkmark in this box to enable financial markup on Head Contract Variations only. For more information, see Add Financial Markup to Head Contract Variations.
- Under Owner Progress Claim Settings, set the following:
- Enable Owner Progress Claims. Place a checkmark in this box to enable owner progress claims on the head contract.
- Enable Completed Work Retention. Place a checkmark in this box to enable work completed work retention on Head Contract Variations.
- Enable Stored Material Retention. Place a checkmark in this box to enable stored material retention on Head Contract Variations
- Level of Detail to Display on Variations. The level of detail that is selected here determines how variations will be displayed on the detail page of the Owner Progress Claim when being viewed or printed from Procore. See What are the different variation tiers?. The entry and editing of this information will always occur at the line item level of detail. Select one of the following:
- Head Contract Variation
- Potential Variation
- Line items in each Potential Variation
- Variation Requests
- Show Markup on Progress Claim PDF and CSV. Place a checkmark in this box to show financial markup on the Detail tab's Export > PDF or Export > CSV for the Owner Progress Claims. For the CSV option, markup line items will be included at the bottom of the CSV file.
- Approve Subcontractor Progress Claims when Owner Approves Owner Progress Claims. Place a checkmark in this box so that once an owner approves an owner progress claim, the subcontractor progress claim is also approved. This functionality will only be enabled if owner progress claims are prefilled with progress claims. To learn how owner progress claims are prefilled, see Create an Owner Progress Claim.
- Show Cost Code on PDF. Place a checkmark in this box to show cost codes on PDF of Owner Progress Claims for the Summary and Detail tab (there is no cost code column in the Configurable PDF tab, but cost codes will show in headers if grouped by cost code).
- Under Payment Settings, set the following:
- Enable Comments. Place a checkmark in this box to see a Comments subtab where users with 'Admin' permissions can leave comments.
- Enable Payments. Place a checkmark in this box to enable payments on the head contract.
- Click Save.