To view prime potential change orders in a report grouped by change order reason.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Read-only' on the project's Prime Contract tool.
- Required User Permission: 'Read-only' on the project's Reports tool.
- Required User Permission to complete prerequisite: 'Admin' on the project's Change Orders tool.
Note: It is recommended to configure your change reason list in the company's Admin tool prior to using it in projects.
In order to view the the Head Potential Variation by Change Reason report in the Reports tool, users with 'Admin' level permissions on the Variations tool must first configure the change reason field from a free form text field to a drop-down menu of pre-defined reasons.(Note: Admins can set this on the project template so future projects will inherit the setting. If you want this as a default setting, ask your Procore point of contact to set it as default for all your future projects.) To do this, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the project's Change Orders tool.
- Click Change Orders Settings in the right pane.
- Select the button next to "Drop-down list of pre-defined reasons (defined in the company admin change orders configuration page)".
Note: Users who had previously selected the "Freeform text field" and entered their own text in the Change Reason field will see those change orders listed under "No Change Reason" in the Change Order Report by Change Reason.
Note: If you turn this feature on mid-project, you'll be able to go back and edit existing change orders to select a change reason, even if they have already been approved.
Once you have enabled the settings from the Change Orders tool, you can view the Prime Potential Change Orders by Change Reason report by completing the following steps:
- Navigate to the project's Reports tool.
- Under the "Contract and Change Management Reports" section, click Prime Potential Change Orders by Change Reason.
You will now see all of your potential change orders grouped by change reason.
- Export this data to a printable PDF by clicking the PDF button in the top right of the page.
- Click the links under the Title header of the PCO to access the PCO; click the link under the CORs header to see the COR; click the link under the PCCOs header to see the PCCO associated with the PCO.