As an RFI Manager (see What is the RFI Manager role?), you might be responsible for reviewing all of the 'Draft' RFIs that have been created by other users on a project. It may also be your responsibility to ensure that the RFI information is accurate and legible. It may also be your responsiblity to ensure that the RFI is assigned to the appropriate project resources.
On occasion, you may discover that an RFI that has been assigned to another individual should actually be assigned to you. When this occurs, you can change assign the RFI to yourself and then submit a reply. You can also mark your reply as the official response while you are in 'Draft' mode. Once you mark the response official, you can quickly change the status of the RFI to open and then close the RFI. The system will notify all of the users associated with the RFI about your response (i.e., any assignees, the person on the Received From field, and members of the RFIs distribution list).
- Navigate to the project's RFIs tool.
This reveals the RFIs page.
- Click the Items tab.
This reveals a list of RFIs on the project.
- In the Add Filter drop-down list, select Status.
- Place a checkmark in the Draft checkbox.
This updates the list to include only RFIs in the 'Draft' status.
- Locate the desired RFI in the list. Then click View.
This opens the RFI in view mode.
- Click Edit.
This places the RFI in edit mode.
- Select your name from the Assignees field.
- Click Save as Open.
This changes the RFI to the 'Open' status and also updates the Ball In Court responsibility to your court.
- Under Question + Responses, click Add Response.
- In the text entry area that appears, type your response to the request for information.
- Click Post Response.
Your response now appears under All Responses.
- Place a checkmark in the Mark Official box.
A GREEN banner appears to confirm the update was successful.