Edit a Project Template
To edit a project template so that any changes can be applied when adding a new project with the Portfolio tool.
Creating a project template in Procore allows you to apply shared settings to any new project in Procore. With this functionality, you are able to make a "sample" or "template" project with these settings and then copy this project as a base to build new projects off of. See What gets copied over to a new project when applying a project template? to see what settings and items you can configure and apply to new projects.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permission to the company's Portfolio tool.
- Complete the steps in Configure a Project Template.
- You can modify existing templates. However, modifications are NOT retroactive to existing projects.
- Changes only affect new projects created from the edited template.
- Navigate to the company's Portfolio tool.
This reveals the Portfolio page.
- Under Projects, locate the desired project that is being used as a template. See Configure a Project Template.
- Click the project link.
This opens the Project Home page.
- Navigate to the project's Admin tool.
This opens the Admin page.
- Modify the project's settings as desired.
- To learn about the project settings that get carried over to a new project see What gets copied over to a new project when applying a project template?
- To learn about the available project settings, see Add a New Project.
- Once you've modified your template, you may Apply the Project Template to a New Project.
The supported project settings will be applied ONLY to new projects. Existing projects based on that template will remain unchanged.