Add a Related Item to a Correspondence Item
To add a related item to a correspondence item.
In Procore, a Related Item is a link between two Procore objects. It is an option that's available in many Procore tools, such as Commitments, Documents, RFIs, Submittals and Transmittals. For example, if you are creating a submittal, you might add a Procore drawing of the installation location or a photo of the item to be installed as a related item on the submittal. If you are adding a new defect item, you might link a Potential Variation (PV) or a Commitment Variation (CV) as a related item, so the subcontractor can view the costs associated with the defect item.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To add, edit or delete a related item on any correspondence item that you have access to: 'Admin' level permissions on the correspondence type.
- To add, edit or delete a related item on a correspondence item that you have created: 'Standard' level permissions or higher on the correspondence type.
- To view the title of a related item: Access to the correspondence item. See View a Correspondence Item.
- Additional Information:
- Related items cannot be added to archived correspondence items.
- Navigate to the project's Correspondence tool.
- Click the List tab.
- Click the Number or the Subject for the correspondence item that you want to add one or more related items to.
- Click the Related Items tab.
- Click Edit.
- In the Type drop-down menu, select the type of item that you want to add as a related item.
- In the Description drop-down menu, select the specific item that you want to add as a related item.
- Optional: Enter any notes that you want to include about the related item in the Notes field.
- Click +Add.
- Repeat steps 6-9 to add more related items to the correspondence item.
- Optional: Click the icon to delete a related item.
- Click Save.