To change the Ball In Court (BIC) person on a submittal using the project's Submittals tool.
Ball In Court (BIC) is a figure of speech that indicates a person is required to take an action. In Procore, the user with Ball In Court responsibility must make a decision and submit a response—such as approving a submittal, shifting responsibility for a Request for Information (RFI), or responding to a Defect List item.
If an approver or submitter in a submittal's workflow needs to change a response that they already sent (or that was input on their behalf), a user with 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Submittals tool needs to first move the Ball In Court back to the approver or submitter.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Submittals tool.
- Navigate to the project's Submittals tool.
- Click View next to the submittal you want to change the Ball In Court (BIC) for in the Items list.
- In the 'Submittal Workflow' table, click the vertical ellipsis (⋮) and click Set Step as BIC at the end of the numbered row above the user's name or group of users' names that you want to make the current BIC.
This moves the BIC assignment to the selected user or group of users and updates their response to 'Pending'.