How can I set up a tenant construction chargeback in the Cost Tracker?
NoteThe information in this FAQ applies to Procore accounts with the Portfolio Financials product. Reach out to your Procore point of contact for more information.
Follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Cost Tracker for the project.
- Click Add Cost Item and enter 'Tenant Chargeback' as the name. See Add a Cost Item to the Cost Tracker.
- Click the arrow icon next to the cost item and select Add Contract.
- On the contract's setup page:
- Enter $0 as the Total Contract Value.
- Click the toggle under Cost Breakdown to the OFF position.
- Select the tenant's name in the Vendor field.
- Click Continue and exit out of the Share Contract modal (so that you do not share the contract with the tenant).
- To reflect a cost charged back to the tenant, add a negative variation and mark that variation as approved. Be sure to give a reason to approve the variation.
- Upon approval, the Cost Tracker will reflect a reduction in the overall committed amount, which is a cost that would be incurred by the tenant.