To email files and folders from the Documents tool using the Procore app on an iOS mobile device.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' permissions on the Documents tool.
- Additional Information:
- Files and folders that are emailed from Procore's Documents tool are sent to recipients using a designated company-specific email address. However, the name of the person sending the email will appear as the sender name.
- Emails are marked as 'private' by default, which means that only 'Admin' users, designated email recipients and the sender will be able to view a record of the email under a file or folder's Email Register Report.
- 'Private' emails are ideal for documenting and saving sensitive email correspondences in Procore while maintaining privacy settings to ensure that the record of the sent files/folders remains hidden from other users on a project.
- You can only email files or folders to contacts or distribution groups that exist in the Directory tool. At the Project level, you are restricted to users and groups that reside in your Project Directory. Files and folders can be emailed to any user in the Directory even if they have 'None' access on your project's Documents tool.
- Email recipients can reply to the email directly from their inbox. Any attachments to the reply email will be included along with the body of the email message. Email replies will create new entries in the email's register.
- Navigate to the project's Documents tool using the Procore app on an iOS mobile device.
- Tap the file or folder you want to email.
- Tap the Share icon.
- Tap Email.
- Tap into the following fields to enter the appropriate information:
- To: Tap the 'To' field to select the user(s) or groups who will receive the email.
- Cc: (Optional) Tap the 'Cc' field to include other users you want to copy on the email. As the sender, you will automatically be copied on the email.
- Bcc: (Optional) Tap the 'Bcc' field to blind carbon copy other users on the email.
- Subject: The default subject will be auto-populated with the item's name or number. Tap the 'Subject' field to edit the subject.
- Optional Comments: Tap the field to enter any additional comments that will appear in the body of email.
- Tap Send.