This announcement represents a single point in time. Future releases may impact the information below.
Feature Released: June 13, 2023
Assign Company Permission Templates with Granular Permissions
Assignable permissions templates are now available for the Company level Directory. Users with the granular permission to 'Create and Edit Users' in the Company level Directory can assign other users an assignable Company level permission template and grant access to Company level tools. Previously, only Directory Admins could manage Company level permission templates.
To allow users to grant permissions to company tools, update your company's permissions templates and user permissions:
- Grant granular permissions in a company permission template.
- Update permissions for the company Directory tool to 'Read Only' or 'Standard' level permissions and mark the checkbox to 'Create and Edit Users'.
- Edit the Company permissions template to mark which company permissions templates users can assign.
- Assign Users to the to the correct Company permissions template.
Users with the granular permission will be able to assign other users to the assignable company permissions templates.
- Manage Assignable Company Templates
- Assign a Company Permissions Template to a User in the Company Directory
- Change a User's Permissions to Company Tools in the Company Directory
If you would like to ask questions or share any feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.