To assign a report to all of the projects in your company's account using the Enhanced Reporting tool so that each project team is using the same standard report.
Assigning reports to all projects allows company administrators to standardise reports across the company and create consistency in reporting. Assigning reports to all projects differs from cloning a report, because you are adding this report to all projects in the company rather than simply copying the report to the same company or project's Reports tool. To learn how to clone a report, see Enhanced Reporting: Clone a Report. Assigning reports to all projects also differs from sharing a report, because sharing a report only allows other users access to the report and the report does not propagate in all projects. To learn how to share a company report, see Enhanced Reporting: Share a Report.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- User is a company admin.
- Additional Information:
- Assigning a report to all projects will also add the report to any new project created.
- Any updates made to the template will be pushed to the reports on the project level.
- Reports that are assigned to projects can be viewed and cloned in the Project level Reports tool by users with the appropriate permissions.
Navigate to the Reports tool.
- Use the company-level reports tool for company reports.
- Use the project-level reports tool for project reports.
- Locate the desired report in the list under 'My Custom Reports'. Click the vertical ellipsis (⋮) and choose Assign as Template.
Optional: If you update the report in the future, changes will propagate to the reports on each project.
Optional: If you delete the report at the company level, it will be removed from each project.