Note:This is separate functionality from the Procore + QuickBooks® Desktop Connector.
To export project timecard entries from Procore to import into QuickBooks® Desktop.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To export your timecard entries, 'Read Only' or higher permissions on the Company level Timesheets tool.
- To import your timecard entries, you must be in Single User mode with 'Admin' level permissions on QuickBooks© Desktop.
- Supported Versions:
- QuickBooks® Desktop
- Additional Information:
- You cannot re-import the same individual file. However, if you export the same file twice from Procore and import both of those files into QuickBooks© Desktop, the data will be duplicated.
- To safeguard your data, back up your QuickBooks© Desktop company file before you import your IIF file.
- You must be using Service Type Items in QuickBooks© Desktop.
- Workers Compensation will need to be configured for timecard entries created through the IIF file.
- When importing an IIF file, if the "QuickBooks Customer" field is left blank in the project's Admin tool, QuickBooks© Desktop will create the new job as a Customer.
- Employee names must match exactly in the IIF file and in QuickBooks© Desktop. If the employee names do not match, QuickBooks© Desktop will create a new employee.
- The 'Use time data to create paychecks' box must be marked when setting up an employee in QuickBooks© Desktop to pull the hour data and cost codes into paychecks.
- The IIF file provides the data structure that Procore needs to ensure that transferred data is formatted as required in QuickBooks®. Your IIF file must match this structure:
- Cost Codes Numbering
- Cost Codes Format
- Time Types (QuickBooks® Payroll Item)
- Employee Names
- Customer Names
- Job Names
- Technical support or assistance for creating or importing an Intuit Interchange Format (IIF) file is NOT provided. It is recommended that you always create a backup of your IIF file in case you need to reference it later.
- Transferring time entries from Procore is a separate function and does NOT require the Procore + QuickBooks® Connector.
- Review the process at Transfer Procore Timecard Entries to QuickBooks® Desktop.
- Complete the steps in Export a Timer List as an IIF file from QuickBooks® Desktop.
Note: This is only required if you are using QuickBooks® Desktop (2021 or earlier) or QuickBooks® Desktop 2022 with QuickBooks® Time.
- Follow the steps in Configure the Company Timesheets Payroll Settings.
- Navigate to the company's Timesheets tool.
- Locate the timecard entries to export.
- Click Export.
- Select the option based on your Company Timesheets Payroll Settings.
- An IIF file automatically saves to your computer.