To create job titles for Workforce Planning.
Job titles help you organise your workforce. Depending on the task you are performing, you can find and filter people by job title. You can also use job titles to assign people to project roles for specific projects.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions
- Job titles are ordered in filters in the same order that they appear in 'Job Title Settings'.
Note: Procore recommends arranging the order to reflect your levels of seniority or chain of command.
- Set up your job titles as you would when building a labour plan. Job titles should be granular enough that you can easily assign the correct resource, but not so granular to have job titles that you never request.
- You can add an hourly rate to a job title which allows you to manage cost using job titles instead of individual people.
- Navigate to the Company level Workforce Planning tool.
- Click the Configure Settings icon.
- Click Job Titles.
- Click New.
- Configure your job titles with the following properties:
Note: Required fields have an asterisk (*).
- Name*. Enter the name of the job titles.
- Colour. Enter the colour for the job titles.
- Type. Select whether the job is paid on an hourly or salaried basis.
- Globally Accessible to All Groups. Mark this checkbox if you want to make this job title available in all groups. See Configure Groups for Workforce Planning.
- Groups*. If you chose to limit the tag from being available in all groups, select which groups should have access to the job title.
- Hourly Rate. Enter the default or average hourly rate for that job title.
Note: This is typically the general rate for the job title and used for forecasting or estimating.
- Click Save.