To add budgeted production quantities to a project's budget.
A production quantity is a measurable amount of work on a construction project. For example, cubic yards of concrete, number of light fixtures or linear feet of piping. In Procore, budgeted production quantities are the measurable amount a team expects to install on a project. Installed production quantities refer to the actual amount a team installs on a project.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Budget tool.
- You cannot add line items for budgeted production quantities with Units of Measurement (UOMs) in the 'Time' category in the Production Quantities tab. To learn more, see Which units of measure are included on Procore's master list?
- Additional Information:
- For companies using Procore's Field Productivity tools, you can use the Project level Admin tool to import your budgeted quantities instead of the steps below. See Import Budgeted Production Quantities.
- Follow the steps in Enable the Labour Productivity Cost Features for Project Financials.
- Define your units of measurement. See Update a Unit of Measure on the Unit of Measure Master List.
- Navigate to the project's Budget tool.
- Click the Production Quantities tab.
- Click Add Line.
- Under Budgeted Production Quantities, do the following:
- Cost Code
Enter the cost code that corresponds to the budgeted production quantity for that cost code. These entries should exactly match the cost codes in your Procore project. If you enter a cost code that doesn't exist, the import will fail. Cost codes can be added as segment items in Procore's Work Breakdown Structure.
Enter the budgeted quantity for that cost code using whole numbers.
Select a Unit of Measure (UOM) from the drop-down list. To learn about the default selections in this list, see Which units of measure are included in Procore's master list? and Add a Unit of Measure to the Unit of Measure Master List.
NoteYou cannot add line items for budgeted production quantities with UOMs in the 'Time' category in the Production Quantities tab.
- Cost Code
- Click Save.