To configure advanced settings for the Correspondence tool.
You use the project's Correspondence tool advanced settings to configure each correspondence type, such as to add and remove status types for a correspondence type. The Advanced Settings feature also lets you view permissions tables for a correspondence type.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Correspondence tool.
- Navigate to the project's Correspondence tool.
- Hover over the correspondence type for which you want to configure advanced settings on the List view to expose the Configure Settings icon to the right of the correspondence type. Clicking the Configure Settings icon takes you directly to the main settings page for the correspondence type.
On the Settings page for the correspondence type complete the following configuration tasks:
- Select the checkbox next to Enable Email Reminders for Overdue Items: to have Procore send automatic email reminders to the assignee if an item is overdue.
- Next to Default Distribution: select a person from the dropdown list. You can add multiple persons, one at a time.
- Next to Responses will be Due: enter a number for the default working days after which a response will be due.
- In the Default Description field: type a default description for the correspondence type that will be displayed each time a new correspondence is created that uses this template.
- Click Update.
- In the Statuses section, to add a new status, enter the name of the new status next to Add New Status: and click Add Status.
- To remove a status that has recently been added, click Delete Status next to the status you want to remove.
The Permissions Table displays the user permissions for the selected Correspondence type.
Note: By default, user permissions are inherited from a permission template assigned to the user during account creation. See Grant Granular Permissions for the Correspondence Tool.
- To view the user permissions, click Permissions Table.
- A checkmark in the Read Only, Standard, or Admin column shows that the user has been granted the specific permission. The system automatically places a red checkmark in the remaining columns.
- For users that have been revoked all permissions to the correspondence type, a green checkmark is displayed in the None column. The system automatically places a red checkmark in the remaining columns.
For a complete list of tasks associated with each permission level, see the Correspondence tool Permission Matrix.