To perform an inspection in the Project level Inspections tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Inspections tool.
View as: Superintendent
To save time, use the TAB and ENTER keys on your keyboard to switch between sections and buttons.
- When you press TAB, it will save your input and move to the next section or button.
- When you press ENTER, it will activate the button you are on.
- Navigate to the project's Inspections tool.
- Click View next to the inspection you want to perform.
Note: You will notice a number after the title of your inspection. This number denotes the number of the type of inspection you are performing. For example, if you have 7 inspections in Windows inspections and you wish to create and perform another windows inspection, you will see 'Windows #8' as the title of the inspection for organizational purposes.
- Scroll down to the first section. As you perform your inspection, mark the items or sections according to their accompanying response option.
Note: Each inspection item has an activity feed below the item number, name and response that includes the following information: Response Changes, Attachments, Photos, Comments, and Observations. The activity feed only appears when at least one of these activities has been done for the inspection item.
- If you are performing an inspection that includes a section that is no longer applicable to the project, toggle the Mark section as N/A on to mark all inspection items in that section as N/A. Any previously marked inspection items in that section will be overridden with N/A and the section will be collapsed. Expand the section again by clicking the caret on the right or turn off the toggle by clicking it again. This gives the items in a section no status and the history will reflect the status changes.
- When you mark an item as Fail or At Risk, you can add a comment that explains your response. You can also attach any related documents or photos, as necessary.
Note: Any changes you make to this page will be automatically saved.
- As you perform the inspection, the percentages at the top of the page will provide a breakdown of your responses.