To create an inspection template at your Company level for use in all of your Project level inspections.
Creating inspection templates at the Company level allows you to easily use the same or similar templates across your projects without having to remake them each time. You can always make a new inspection template at your Project level, or you can modify an existing Company level template for your project's unique needs.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Inspections tool.
- Additional Information:
- Although you can create new inspection templates at the Project level, you cannot add any inspection templates made at the Project level to another project in your company. For this reason, the best practice to manage your Inspections in Procore is to create inspection templates at the Company level to use at the Project level and modify those templates for each of your project's needs.
- Navigate to the Company level Inspections tool.
- Click + Create.
Note: You can also Clone an Existing Company Level Inspection Template.
This reveals the New Inspection Template page.
- Under General Information, enter the following information:
- Name: Title your inspection. This will show up on your inspections register page and will help you differentiate between your inspections within your project. This is a required field.
- Type: Choose from the list of inspection types added to the company (e.g. Safety). (Note: If you have not added inspection types to your project, see Configure Advanced Settings: Company level Inspections. You will need to have 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Inspections tool.)
- Trade: Add a trade to your inspection (e.g. Electrical, plumbing). (Note: Your company's trade list can be managed at your Company level's Admin tab under Trade Configuration.)
- Description: Include any relevant details about the inspection.
- Attachments: Attach any relevant files to the templates by clicking Attach Files or by using a drag-and-drop operation.
Note: If you try to create an inspection template without a name or with a name that already exists, there will be an error message that details the reason. You can create an inspection with the same name as one in the Recycle Bin, but once you name it, you cannot restore a template in the Recycle Bin without first editing an inspection template to change the name.)
- Add sections and items to your inspection as follows:
- + Add section: Click this button to add a section to your inspection template.
- + Add item: Click this button to add an item within the current section.
- + Quick Add: See What is Inspection Template Item Quick Add?
Note: You can reorder individual items within a section of your template by dragging your item with the reorder icon. To reorder an entire section, click the toggle on icon next to Reorder Sections and drag the sections of your choice. Turn off Reorder Sections to continue creating your template.
- Select a response type for individual items from the Response Type menu.
Select a response type for multiple items by following these steps:
- Mark the checkboxes next to the items to update.
- Click Edit Response Type.
- Select the response type from the Response Type menu.
- Click Apply.
- Click Create.