Edit a Company Level Inspection Template
To edit a Company level inspection template.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Inspections tool.
- Additional Information:
- Users with the appropriate permissions on the Project level Inspections tool can add sections and items and can edit certain fields in Company level inspection templates that have been added to the project. See Edit a Project Level Inspection Template.
- Editing an inspection template at the Company level will only change future inspections created from the template and will not change any existing inspections created from the template.
- Editing an inspection template at the Company level will automatically update any Project level versions of the template.
- Navigate to the Company level Inspections tool.
- Locate the template and click Edit.
- Choose from these editing options:
- To modify a field, click on any of the editable fields and either type over the existing entry or select a different entry from the drop-down list.
- To add or edit an individual item's response type, select a response type from the Response Types dropdown menu.
Add or edit a response type for multiple items by following these steps:
- Mark the checkboxes next to the items to update.
- Click Bulk Actions.
- Click Edit.
- Select the response type from the Response Types dropdown menu.
- Click Apply.
NoteThe following Response Type options are available:
- Pass/Fail: Users can respond to items by selecting 'Pass' or 'Fail'.
- Conforming/Non-Conforming: Users can respond to items by selecting 'Conforming' or 'Non-Conforming'.
- Safe/At Risk: Users can respond to items by selecting 'Safe' or 'At Risk'.
- True/False: Users can respond to items by selecting 'True' or 'False'.
- Yes/No: Users can respond to items by selecting 'Yes' or 'No'.
- Number: Users can respond to items in the form of any positive or negative number up to 15 characters.
- Text: Users can respond to items with free-form text. There is no character limit to text responses.
- Date: Users can respond to items by adding an appropriate date.
- Custom Response: Add an existing custom response set you want to associate with the item. See Create a Custom Response Set for Inspections.
- To delete a template item, click the 'x' to the right of the item heading.
- To delete a template section, click the 'x' to the right of the section heading. Click Delete to confirm your decision to delete the section.
- To add an item, click into the 'Enter item description' field below the section's last inspection item.
- You can use a drag-and-drop operation to reorder items in a section.
- Inspection item details can be added at the Project level.
- + Quick Add: See What is Inspection Template Item Quick Add?
- To add a Section, click + Add section to add a section to your inspection template. Enter a title for your section. When you are done, simply click out of the section.
Note: You can use a drag-and-drop operation to reorder items in an inspections section.
- Click Update to save your changes.