To edit an inspection template in the Project level Inspections tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Project level Inspections tool.
- Additional Information:
- When editing a Company level inspection template in the Project level Inspections tool, only certain fields are editable.
- Information on a Company level inspection template that is updated in the Project level is not synced with the source Company level inspection template.
- Custom response sets can only be added to templates at the Company level. See Add Custom Response Sets to a Company Level Inspections Template.
- Navigate to the Project level Inspections tool.
- Click the Configure Settings icon.
- Click Templates.
- Click Edit next to the inspection template that you want to edit.
Note: An icon indicates a Company level Inspection template has been added to the project.
- Under 'General Information', edit the following fields:
Note: If the template you are editing is a Company level Inspection template, certain fields cannot be edited in the Project level Inspections tool. These fields are indicated by an icon.
- Name : Title your inspection. This will show up on your inspections register page and will help you differentiate between your inspections within your project. This is a required field.
- Type : Choose from the list of inspection types added to the company (e.g. Safety). (Note: If you have not added inspection types to your project, see Configure Advanced Settings: Company Level Inspections. You will need to have 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Inspections tool.)
- Trade (Optional): Give your inspection a trade (e.g. Electrical, plumbing). (Note: Your company's trade list can be managed at your company level's Admin tab under 'Trade Configuration.)
- Company Description : Company level Inspection templates may include a separate description.
- Description (Optional): Include any relevant details about the inspection.
- Attachments: Attach any relevant files to the templates by clicking Attach Files.
Note: If you try to create an inspection template without a name or with a name that already exists, there will be an error message that details the reason. You can create an inspection with the same name as one in the Recycle Bin, but once you name it, you cannot restore a template in the Recycle Bin without first editing an inspection template to change the name.
- To edit existing sections and items on the template, click on the field you want to edit.
Note: Existing sections and items cannot be edited on Company level inspection templates in the Project level Inspections tool.
- To delete a template section or item, click the rubbish bin icon to the right of the item heading.
- Add new sections, items, and item details to your inspection template:
- + Add section
- + Add item
- + Quick Add
Note: You can reorder individual items within a section of your template by dragging your item with the reorder icon. To reorder an entire section, click the toggle on icon next to Reorder Sections and drag the sections of your choice. Turn off Reorder Sections to continue editing your template.
- Click Update to save your changes.