Create a Configurable Custom Field from an Observation
To create a custom custom field from the Observation tool.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To create any custom field, 'Admin' on the Project and Company level Observations tools.
- Additional Information:
- The Create Custom Field button only shows if there is no custom field applied to this tool and project yet. If this is already a custom field created for this tool and project the button will not appear.
- Navigate to the project's Observations tool.
- Click View on the Observation you want to create a custom field for.
- Click the Create Custom Field button next to Edit.
Note: This will take you to the Company level Admin page for the Observations tool.
- From the Custom Fields tab, click Create New.
- Enter a name for the Custom Field, click Create.
- Use the show page to create a custom field or customise existing fields.
- Click Save.
Note: The Custom Field is automatically applied to the project the user came from, you can apply it to additional projects.
- Click Save to update the Custom Field.
Click Assign Projects to add the Custom Field to additional Procore projects.