To edit project-level observation types.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permission: 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Observations tool.
- Additional Information:
- Observation types that are currently in use cannot be edited.
- Observation types created at the Company Level are indicated by a key icon (). Any changes made to a project level observation type will not affect Company level observation types.
- Navigate to the project's Observations tool.
- Click the Configure Settings .
- Click Observation Types.
Edit the Name of an Observation Type
- Click the type name you want to edit.
Note: Only types created at the Project level are editable. Observation types created at the Company Level are not editable; these types are indicated by a key icon ().
- Enter the desired name.
- Click out of the text box to automatically save your changes.
Deactivate an Observation Type
- Navigate to the observation type you want to deactivate.
- In the 'Active' column, click the type's corresponding checkbox to remove its checkmark.
Note: This action removes the type as an available option when creating new observations.