To email observations from the Observations tool to those who need to be aware of the details of the observation.
The email functionality on the Observations tool allows you to send the details of an observation to team members' email inbox. This might be helpful if team members would like a copy of the observation outside of Procore or if you'd like to begin a private discussion about the observation with a single person or group of people.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Standard' and 'Admin' level permissions on the Observations tool.
- Navigate to the project level Observations tool.
- Click View next to the observation you would like to email forward.
- Click the orange Email button on the right.
- Start typing in the "To" field, and click on the people you would like to send the email to.
- Include who you would like to CC. (Note: You (the creator of the email) will automatically be CC'd on the email.)
- If you would like the email to only be accessible to people involved in the email, mark the checkbox next to Private. If you wish to allow all 'Admin' and 'Standard' level users to view the email correspondence in the Email subtab of the observation, uncheck the Private checkbox.
- The subject of the email is automatically populated with "FW: Observations: [observation #]: [title of observation]". You may edit this if you wish.
- Attach any relevant files from your computer or from your files in Procore.
- Include a message in your email.
- Click Send. (Note: The email will be sent to all users in the "To" and "CC" field, and the email will be logged in the "Emails" sub tab of the observation.)