To send an RFI to the Recycle Bin in the Project level RFIs tool.
When you delete an RFI, the system moves it to the Recycle Bin tab. By design, the Recycle Bin cannot be emptied. This ensures that project teams have the ability to restore deleted RFIs at any time throughout the course of the project.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Project level RFIs tool.
- Additional Information:
- You can delete RFIs in the 'Draft', 'Open', or 'Closed' status, whether or not anyone has replied to the RFI or marked a reply as the official response.
- When you delete an RFI, it is moved to the Recycle Bin in the RFIs tool.
- To give project teams the ability to restore any deleted item, the Recycle Bin cannot be emptied. See Retrieve an RFI from the Recycle Bin.
- Navigate to the project's RFIs tool.
- Locate the RFI that you want to send to delete.
- Click View.
- Click the vertical ellipsis at the top of the page.
- Click Delete.
- If you are sure you want to delete the RFI, click Delete.
The system moves the RFI to the Recycle Bin and the status of the deleted RFI changes as follows:
- If the deleted RFI was in the 'Open' status, the RFIs status changes to 'Recycled.'
- If the deleted RFI was in the 'Closed' status, the RFIs status remains 'Closed.'
- If the deleted RFI was in the 'Draft' status, the RFIs status remains as 'Draft.'
- To confirm that the item was moved to the Recycle Bin, click the Recycle Bin tab.