To use the Configure Title option to automate submittal titles in the Submittal Builder.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Read Only' permissions or higher on the Specifications tool
- 'Admin' permissions on the Submittals tool.
Review New Submittals
- Navigate to the project's Specifications tool.
- Click the Click here to review link.
Note: You will be taken to the Submittal Builder in the Submittals tool.
- Select a Specification Section to review.
- Optional: Manually create additional submittals for the current spec section. See Submittal Builder: Add Submittals.
- Verify or add the 'Type' and 'Description' for the submittals.
- Click Configure Title.
- Mark the checkbox next to the options you want to use for the submittal titles.
- Optional: Enter your own custom option and click Add Title Option. You can add multiple custom options, but they can only be added one at a time.
- Reorder the selected options and review the text under 'Preview Title Example'.
- Click Apply to All Spec Sections or Apply to Current Spec Section.
- Applying the configured title will replace any existing titles on submittals not yet confirmed.
- Changing the 'Type' of a submittal manually after configuring the titles won't automatically update the submittal's 'Title'.
- Click Confirm to create submittals from the current spec section.
- Fill out the remaining information on your submittals.