In order to delete or edit a variation, you'll need to unapprove the variation. You can only unapprove variations in the reverse order they were approved (i.e. if you approved them 1,3,4,2,5,6, you will need to unapprove them 6,5,2,4,3,1). The steps outlined below detail how to determine the order in which variations were approved so you can unapprove a specific variation.
- Navigate to the project's Head Contract or Commitments tool.
- Select the Variations sub tab.
- Open each approved variation by clicking View next to each variation and opening each in a new and separate tab by hitting Ctrl on the keyboard and clicking View.
- The most recently approved variation will have the orange Approved text next to the "Status" listed at the top of the page.
Select a new status by clicking on the orange text and choosing any status other than "Approved" from the drop-down.
Note: If the variation is not the most recently approved, the status next to the variation will not be highlighted in orange as shown below.
- If you have multiple approved variations, you'll then need to find the next most recently approved variation. Refresh all open Variation tabs and find the variation with the clickable orange "Approved" text and repeat the process outlined in step 4.
- Repeat the process until the variation you wish to edit or delete has the orange "Approved" status and the status can be changed.