- Amount Based
Choose this method to enter a lump sum amount for a line item on a Program of Values (SOV). With this method, users enter a lump sum amount for each line item.
- Unit/Quantity Based
Choose this method when ordering materials in quantity. With this method, users enter a quantity and unit price for the line item on your SOV and Procore automatically calculates the total for the line item for you.
Where do I configure the accounting method?
Users with 'Admin' permission on the Commitments or Head Contracts tool can complete these steps:
- Navigate to the Commitments or Head Contracts tool.
- Locate the commitment or head contract to work with.
- Click Edit.
- Click the Advanced Settings tab.
- Click Edit.
- Under Program of Values, select Amount Based or Unit/Quantity Based.
Things to Consider
- If a commitment or head contract variation needs to use a Unit/Quantity Based accounting method, the commitment's or head contract's accounting method must be Unit/Quantity Based. It is not possible to have an Amount Based commitment or head contract with Unit/Quantity Based commitment variations or head contract variations.
- If a commitment or head contract is using Unit/Quantity Based accounting method, individual line items in the original SOV or a variation SOV can utilise the Subtotal Override option to use an Amount Based accounting method.
- Line items that are Unit/Quantity Based with the default calculated method will be billed for in terms of quantity in subcontractor progress claims or owner progress claims.
- Line items that are Unit/Quantity Based with subtotal override method will be billed for in terms of dollar value/amount in subcontractor progress claims or head contract progress claims.
- If a commitment or head contract is using a Unit/Quantity Based accounting method, the Materials Presently Stored column will not be available in subcontractor progress claims or owner progress claims.
- If a commitment is using a Unit/Quantity Based accounting method, the Subcontractor Program of Values (SSOV) is NOT available.
- The SOV line items on variations use the Unit/Quantity Based accounting method. However, the settings for progress claims and the settings for exporting variations to PDF are determined by the settings in the parent contract. For example, a head contract set to Amount Based will NOT display unit fields/columns in the PDF export file for a variation and the progress claims will also be Amount Based.