Edit the Advanced Settings on a Client Contract
Limited ReleaseThe Client Contracts tool is available as a limited release for Procore customers in the United States and Canada who have implemented the Procore for Speciality Contractors point-of-view dictionary. To learn more, see What dictionaries and languages are available in the Procore web application?
To update advanced settings for a client contract using the controls in the Client Contracts tool's Advanced Settings tab.
If you are a user with 'Admin' level permissions on the Client Contracts tool, the steps below show you how to edit advanced settings for the project's client contract. This includes choosing an accounting method for the Schedule of Values (SOV), enabling financial markup, HC progress claim settings, comments settings and payment settings. In addition to these Advanced Settings, additional contract configuration settings are on the tool's Configure Settings page. See Configure Settings: Client Contracts.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Client Contracts tool.
- Additional Information:
- Additional contract configuration settings are on the tool's Configure Settings page. See Configure Settings: Client Contracts.
- Navigate to the project's Client Contracts tool.
- Locate the client contract to work with. Then click its Number link.
- Click Advanced Settings.
TipIf your browser window is not in full-screen mode, choose More > Advanced Settings.
- Click Edit.
- Under Schedule of Values Settings, set the following:
- Accounting Method. Select Amount Based or Unit/Qty Based. After you create one or more line items, you cannot modify this setting. See How do I set the accounting method for a contract or funding? for more information on the difference between Amount Based and Unit/Quantity based.
- Under Financial Markup Settings, set the following:
- Enable Financial Markups. Place a checkmark in this box to enable financial markup on Client Contract Variations only. For more information, see Add Financial Markup to Client Contract Variations.
- Under HC/Client Progress Billing Settings, set the following:
- Enable HC/Client Progress Billings. Place a checkmark in this box to enable HC/Client progress claims on the client contract.
- Enable Completed Work Retention. Place a checkmark in this box to enable work completed work retention on Client Contract Variations.
- Enable Stored Material Retention. Place a checkmark in this box to enable stored material retention on Client Contract Variations
- Level of Detail to Display on Variations. The level of detail that is selected here determines how variations are displayed on the 'Detail' tab of the HC progress claim. This setting affects the progress claim in view mode and print mode. See What are the different variation tier settings in Project Financials? You will always enter and edit information at the line item level of detail specified. Select one of the following:
- Client Contract Variation
- Potential Variation
- Line items in each Potential Variation. This is the default setting.
- Show Markup on Progress Billings PDF and CSV. Place a checkmark in this box to show financial markup on the Detail tab's Export > PDF or Export > CSV for the HC progress claims. For the CSV option, markup line items will be included at the bottom of the CSV file.
- Approve Subcontractor Progress Billings when HC Approves HC Progress Billing. Place a checkmark in this box so that once a head contractor approves a HC/Client progress claim, the subcontractor progress claim is also approved. This functionality will only be enabled if HC progress claims are prefilled with progress claims. To learn how HC progress claims are prefilled, see Create a HC/Client Progress Claim.
- Show Cost Code on PDF. Place a checkmark in this box to show cost codes on the PDF. There is no cost code column in the Configurable PDF tab, but cost codes will show in headers if grouped by cost code.
- Under Comment Settings, set the following:
- Enable Comments. Place a checkmark in this box to see the Comments tab. Only users with 'Admin' level permissions on the Client Contracts tool can leave comments.
- Under Payment Settings, set the following:
- Enable Payments. Place a checkmark in this box to enable payments on the client contract.
- Click Save.