Legacy ContentThis page details the legacy owner progress claim experience. A modernised experience is also available.
Limited ReleaseThe Client Contracts tool is available as a limited release for Procore customers in the United States and Canada who have implemented the Procore for Speciality Contractors point-of-view dictionary. To learn more, see What dictionaries and languages are available in the Procore web application?
An HC/Client Progress Claim is an application for payment, typically submitted by a Speciality Contractor to a Head Contractor (HC) or client to provide an itemized record of the amount due for work performed. In Procore, a HC/Client progress claim is equivalent to an accounts receivable progress claim.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To create a progress claim, 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Client Contracts tool.
- To view the Detail tab on a progress claim, 'Read Only' or 'Standard' level permissions on the project's Client Contracts tool with the 'View HC/Client Progress Claim Detail' granular permission enabled on your permission template.
Note: If you do NOT have 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Client Contracts tool and want to view some or all of the client contracts, see View Client Contracts.
- Additional Information:
- When you enter a value for a progress claim that is larger than the scheduled value, the progress claim will be highlighted in red.
- You can only edit the billed amounts on the most recent progress claim.
- To learn how amounts are automatically completed by Procore on HC/Client progress claims, see How does Procore automatically fill in amounts on a HC/Client progress claims?
- Create a client contract. See Create Client Contracts.
- Place the client contract in the 'Approved' or 'Complete' status. See Approve a Client Contract.
- You must create a billing period. See Create Automatic Billing Periods in the Progress Billings Tool or Create Manual Billing Periods in the Progress Billings Tool.
- Navigate to the project's Client Contracts tool.
- Locate the client contract to work with. Then click its Number link.
- Click Create and then choose the Create Progress Billing option.
NoteIf a progress claim has already been created for the current billing period, click the Progress Billings tab. Then click the Edit button to open it.
- On the 'New Progress Claim (Payment Application)' page, do the following:
- Commitment Billing Period
Select the current billing period from the drop-down list. If there is no billing period in this list, follow the steps in Create Automatic Billing Periods in the Progress Billings Tool or Create Manual Billing Periods in the Progress Billings Tool.
Enter a unique, alphanumeric identification number for the progress claim. Procore automatically numbers progress claims in ascending numerical order, starting with one (1). The number entered in this field does NOT affect Procore's default progress claim numbering scheme.
- Period Start
Select a start date for the progress claim. Procore automatically populates this field with the current billing period's start date.
- Period End
Select an end date for the progress claim. Procore automatically populates this field with the current billing period's end date.
- Billing Date
Select the billing date for the progress claim.
Select a status for the HC/Client progress claim. See What are the default statuses for Procore progress claims?
- Percent Complete
Shows the percentage of work completed.
A PDF of the progress claim and any related progress claim PDFs from the project's Direct Costs tool are combined into a single PDF and attached here.
- Commitment Billing Period
- Click Create.
You will be prompted to confirm that you want your new progress claim to pre-populate with the following information:
- Amounts on the 'Work Completed' and 'Materials Presently Stored' columns of 'Approved' and 'Pending Approval' subcontractor progress claims.
- Amounts for 'Invoices' are created in the project's Direct Costs tool when the 'Received Date' on that direct cost falls within the billing period.
- Amounts from Commitment Variations that have amounts in Client Contract Variations.
- In the 'Do you want to pre-fill the HC/Client Progress Claim?' message, you have these options:
- Yes. Click this button to confirm that you want the progress claim to pre-populate the progress claim with the amounts billed from the fields listed in the message.
- No Thanks. If you want to manually complete the progress claim
- Cancel. Click this button to cancel progress claim creation.
- Scroll down the page to view a preview of the progress claim form under "Summary Preview." To learn how the 'Current Amount Due' amount is calculated, see How does Procore calculate a progress claim's 'Current Payment Due' amount?
Edit Line Items
- Click the Detail tab.
NoteUsers with 'Read Only' or 'Standard' level permission on the Client Contracts tool can only view the Detail tab only if the 'View HC/Client Progress Claim Detail' granular permission is enabled on their permission template.
- Click Edit.
- Enter data in these YELLOW boxes:
- Work Completed (This Period)
If you confirmed the option for Procore to automatically complete the HC/Client progress claim's amounts (see How does Procore automatically complete amounts on a HC/Client progress claim?), the values from the 'Work Completed (This Period)' column from any related subcontractor progress claims and any direct costs amounts are included in this column.
- Materials Presently Stored
If you confirmed the option for Procore to automatically complete the HC/Client progress claim's amounts Progress Claim amounts (see How does Procore automatically complete amounts on a HC/Client progress claim?), the values from the 'Materials Presently Stored' column in any related subcontractor progress claims are included in this column.
- Work Retention Retained this Period
Enter a percentage or dollar amount for work retention retained this period. You can also set retention on all line items by entering a value into the right sidebar and clicking Set.
- Materials Retention Retained this Period
Enter a percentage or dollar amount for materials retention retained this period. You can also set retention on all line items by entering a value into the right sidebar and clicking Set.
- Work Retention $ Released This Period
Enter a dollar amount of work retention released this period.
- Work Completed (This Period)
- Optional: If you have any 'Approved' contract variations, you can choose to add them to the progress claim by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking Add to Progress Claim.
The entry and editing of the variations will always occur at the line item level of detail. You can select a different level of detail for how variations will be displayed on the detail page of the Progress Claim when being viewed or exported from Procore. See Edit the Advanced Settings on a Client Contract.
Values on a progress claim are never copied to a project's variations.
- Click Save.
Your changes are reflected on the General tab under the Contract Summary Report section.