Apps you install in Procore companies are managed using App configurations. This article defines what an App configuration is and how Procore company administrators and project users can create and manage them.
App Configurations Explained
Apps you install in a Procore company must first be configured in order for Procore project users to access the extended functionality those Apps provide. An App can either be configured at the company level for access by users in all active and future projects, or at the project level with customized project-specific settings. App developers may define custom properties, or configuration fields, that can be used to tailor the operation and behavior of an App to the specific needs of a given company or project. For example, a project site camera App might require a camera ID number as a required App configurable field in order to associate the proper image feed with a particular project. Each App configuration includes a user-defined title along with values for any required or optional configuration fields as defined by the App developer.
After an App is installed, company administrators use the Company Admin tool to create an App configuration that applies either globally to the entire company, or to one or more projects specifically. Global App configurations apply the same settings to all active and future projects in a company. Project level App configurations apply settings to individual projects or to multiple projects within a company.
Creating App Configurations
- For information on creating global App configurations at the company level, company administrators should refer to Create a Global App Configuration in a Company.
- For information on creating App configurations at the project level, company administrators should refer to Create an App Configuration and Apply it to Projects, while project users should refer to Create an App Configuration in a Project.
Important!Note that project users, regardless of their permissions, are allowed to create project level App configurations, but are not allowed to edit or delete them. As a company administrator, you can elect to prevent all project users from configuring Apps in projects. Please reach out to your Procore Customer Success Manager to enable this setting.
- What is App Management?
- Install an App from the App Marketplace
- Install a Custom App
- Allow User Installs
- Launch an Embedded App in a Project
- Uninstall an App
- Reinstall an App
- Update an Installed App
- Create an App Configuration and Apply it to Projects
- View Projects with App Configurations
- Edit an App Configuration
- Delete an App Configuration
- View API Request Metrics