What are Procore's default cost types?
A Cost Type is a set of costs identified by a unique abbreviation or label. In Procore's WBS, 'Cost Type' is a flat segment with these default options: (E) Equipment, (L) Labour, (M) Materials, (O) Other, (OC) Owner Cost, (S) Commitments, and (SVC) Professional Services.
In Procore, cost types are a way to identify and classify your project's job costs. They can also be used to generate reports. View the Job Cost Summary Report in View a Report. When managing your cost types list in Procore:
- Your company's Procore Administrator can add an unlimited number of new segment items to the 'Cost Type' segment in Procore's Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). To add segment items to the Company level, see Add Segment Items. To add segment items to a project, see Add Segment Items to a Project.
- If your company is using the ERP Integrations tool, you must assign individual cost type segment items to the individual codes in the 'Cost Code' segment. See Assign Default Cost Types To Cost Codes.
In the construction industry, grouping creating relationships between your project's cost codes and cost types is a common practice.
NoteFor companies using Procore's Company level ERP Integrations tool, some integrated ERP systems refer to Procore's 'cost type' concept using an alternate term. To learn more, see What are 'cost types' and how does our ERP integration support them?
Default Cost Type Segment
This table details the default options in the 'Cost Type' segment in Procore's WBS. Although you cannot delete the default options, your company's Procore Administrator can change the codes and descriptions or add, edit and delete custom cost type segment items.
1 The "S" is short for subcontract.
If your company is using the ERP Integrations tool, learn more about cost types:
- What are 'cost types' and how does our ERP integration support them?
- How do I add a new Sage 300 CRE® cost code or cost type?
- Can I delete a Sage 300 CRE® cost code, cost type or vendor from Procore?
- Integration by Procore: Request to Import Custom Cost Types for Viewpoint® Spectrum®
- Integration by Ryvit: Assign Default Cost Types To Viewpoint® Vista™ Cost Codes