To create custom sections for custom fields that can be used for project tools in Procore.
Custom fields created in the Company level Admin tool for certain tools in Procore can be added to custom sections. Custom sections display below an item's 'General Information' section.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the Company level Admin tool.
- Additional Information:
- To see which tools support custom sections, see What are custom sections and which Procore tools support them?
- Navigate to the Company level Admin tool.
- Under 'Tool Settings', click the tool you want to create a custom section for.
- Click Custom Fields.
- Click Edit next to the custom field you want to add a custom section to.
Click Create New to create a new custom field. See Create New Configurable Custom Fields.
- Click +Add Section.
- In the 'Add Section' window, enter a name for the section and click Add.
- To add one or more custom fields to the new custom section, click Add Custom Field under the custom section's name.
- Click Choose from Existing to add an existing custom field.
Click Create New to create and add a new custom field. See Create Custom Fields Within a Fieldset.
- Repeat steps 5-8 to add more custom sections.
- Optional: To rearrange custom sections, follow these steps:
- Hover your cursor next to the custom section until the grip icon displays.
- Click on the grip icon and drag the custom section above or below another custom section.
- Optional: To move a custom field to a different custom section, follow these steps:
- Hover your cursor next to the custom field until the grip icon displays.
- Click on the grip icon and drag the custom field above the Add Custom Field button in the custom section you want to move it to.
- Click Save.