Configure the Default Privacy Settings for New Commitments
To configure the default privacy settings for new commitments created with the project's Commitments tool.
When you create a new commitment in the project's Commitments tool, Procore's default setting is to place a checkmark in the 'Private' box. This ensures the commitment is only visible to users with 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Commitments tool. Most Procore users choose to keep this default setting.
If you have 'Admin' level permissions on the Commitments tool and want to change the default behaviour, you can configure Procore to create new purchase orders and subcontracts that are NOT private. However, your project users will retain the ability to apply privacy settings on individual commitments that they create and edit.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permission on the project's Commitments tool.
- Additional Information:
- Any setting change only affects new commitments. The setting is not applied retroactively to existing commitments.
- To learn about Procore's default privacy setting for commitments, see Are commitments private by default?
- To change the setting on an individual commitment, see Change the Privacy Settings for a Commitment.
- Navigate to the project's Commitments tool.
- Click Configure Settings .
- Under Contract Configuration, remove the mark from the Contracts Private by Default check box as shown below.
- Click Save.