This page details the legacy subcontractor progress claim experience. A modernised experience is also available.
After an progress claim contact submits a subcontractor progress claim, an progress claim administrator must review your progress claim before it is approved for payment. An progress claim administrator is any Procore user who has been granted sufficient permissions to approve or reject your progress claim's line items. For details, see Review a Subcontractor Progress Claim as an Admin.
As a progress claim contact, you may have been granted sufficient access permissions to view the status of the individual line items after this review. For each line item on the progress claim, you are informed of the status as follows:
- Lines with a green checkmark indicate the line item was Approved.
- Lines with a red x indicate the line item was Rejected. The progress claim manager might also enter an explanation for the rejection in the 'Comments' column.
If a line item is rejected, the progress claim's status is updated to 'Revise & Resubmit'. Procore sends the progress claim contact an email notification, who can then review the rejected line items on the progress claim and adjust the values on those line items as needed.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To revise and resubmit a subcontractor progress claim, 'Standard' level permissions on the project's Commitments tool and you must be the designated 'Invoice Contact' on the commitment. See Add Progress Claim Contacts to a Purchase Order or Subcontract. This automatically adds you to the 'Private' drop-down list on the purchase order or subcontract.
- Navigate to the project's Commitments tool.
- Under the Contracts tab, locate the commitment to work with.
- Click the Number link to open the contract.
- Click the contract's Progress Claims tab.
- Locate the progress claim to review in the 'Invoices (Commitment progress claims)' table. Click Edit.
- On the Detail tab, in the 'Line Items' table, click Edit.
- Review the line items in the table and adjust the values in each line item as appropriate.
- Items with a GREEN checkmark to the left of the line item have been approved by a progress claim administrator.
- Items with a RED x to the left of the line item mean it has been rejected by the progress claim administrator. You can hover over the icon to view any comments explaining why the line item was rejected.
- Optional. If there are any variations available to add to the progress claim, they are listed in the 'Approved Commitment Variations to Add to this Progress Claim' table. To add the variation to this progress claim's line items, click Add to Progress Claim. Then update the line items as appropriate.
- When you are ready to resubmit the progress claim, click Submit for Review.