Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To set retention on a subcontractor progress claim, 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Commitments tool.
- To release retention on a subcontractor progress claim, Standard' level permissions or higher on the Commitments tool.
- Additional Information:
- To set the same percentage of retention on all line items in the progress claim, enter a value to apply to all line items in the progress claim.
- To release retention on all line items, enter a value to apply to all line items. This moves the desired percentage from the 'Currently Retained' column to the 'Released This Period' column.
- For customers in Australia , you can also manage withholding using the sliding scale retention feature. To learn more, see What is sliding scale retention?
- Navigate to the project's Commitments tool.
- Under the Contracts tab, locate the purchase order or subcontract. Then click Edit.
- Click the Progress Claims tab.
- Locate the subcontractor progress claim that you want to work with.
- Click the Detail tab.
- Click the Edit button.
- Choose one of the following:
Set Retention on All Line Items
Release Retention on All Line Items
If you would like to learn more about Procore’s commitments software and how it can help your business, please visit our construction financials tool product page here