To edit a defect list item in the Defect List tool.
In the Defect List tool, you can edit an item's general information, add comments, add related items (such as a document or RFI), or send emails.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Defect List tool.
- 'Standard' level users can edit defect list items they have created when the item's status is in 'Draft,' or 'In Dispute.'
- 'Standard' level users who have been granted permission to act as Defect Item Manager can edit items in which they are listed as the Defect Item Manager except when the item's status is 'Draft.'
- Navigate to your project's Defect List tool.
- Click Edit next to the item you want to edit.
- Click into a field to change the relevant information. For more information on these fields and their descriptions, see Create a Defect List Item.
- Click Save.
In the Comments section, you can include any additional comments; other users with access to the defect list item will be able to view any added comments. To add a comment to a defect list item, follow the steps below:
- Click into the text field.
- Enter the desired comment.
- Click Post Comment.
Add Related Items
In the Related Items tab, you can associate related items that exist in other tools in your project. To add a related item, follow the steps below:
- Select an item type from the Type drop-down menu.
- Select a specific item in the Description column.
- Enter any additional notes to describe how the items are related.
- Click +Add.
- Click Save.
In the Emails section, you can click New Email to create a new email notification that includes the defect list item's details. You can then send this information to specific contacts in your project's directory. For more information on emailing defect list items, see Email Defect Items to Any User.
This register tracks any changes made to the item, including the date of the change and the person who made the change