If you do not want unused cost codes to appear in projects, you can "archive" the unneeded cost codes. This can result in a cleaner Procore interface by removing cost codes that you do not need to work with. Archiving a cost code from the ERP Standard Cost Code list means the cost code can not be added to new or existing projects on which the cost code does not already exist. Archived cost codes can be “unarchived”, making the cost codes again available to be added to new or existing projects.
Archiving a cost code does not impact the cost code on any existing projects where it already exists. The feature is only available on ERP-synced Standard Cost Code lists. This feature applies to companies integrated with Sage 300, Sage 100, Vista, Quickbooks or Spectrum.
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Standard' or 'Admin' level permissions on the company's Admin tool.
- Navigate to the company's Admin tool.
This reveals the Company Settings page.
- Under Project Settings, click Cost Codes.
This reveals the Standard Cost Code Lists page.
- Select View for any ERP Standard Cost Code List.
- In the cost code list, select the cost code that you want to archive.
- Select Archive from the top menu bar to archive the designated cost codes. Cost codes that are archived will appear in red in the list.
- If you want to unarchive a cost code, select an archived cost code and then click Unarchive.