Delete a Commitment Variation
To delete a Commitment Variation from the project's Commitments tool.
To remove a Commitment Variation, you can click the red (x) icon on the line item. However, when the icon is greyed out and not available, it means the variation is associated with other items in Procore. The steps below show you how to remove associated items and then permanently delete a HCV.
Before you can perform a delete action, you must:
- Change the status of the variation from 'Approved' to another status as described below. If you want to change the status of multiple variations, you must apply the status changes in reverse order from how they were approved. For example, if you approved the variations in sequential order (001, 002 and 003), you will need to remove the 'Approved' status in reverse order (003, 002, 001).
- Unlink any Procore items associated with the variation. This may include Potential Variations (PVs), Variation Requests (VRs) and progress claims as described in the Prerequisites below.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Commitments tool.
- If the Commitment Variation is linked to one (1) or more progress claims, you must first delete all associated progress claims.
- If the Commitment Variation is linked to one (1) or more Commitment PVs or VRs, you must first remove them from the variation.
- Navigate to the Variations Tab
- Change the Status of the Commitment Variation from 'Approved'
- Delete the Commitment Variation
Navigate to the Variations Tab
- Navigate to the project's Commitments tool.
- Locate the commitment to work with. Then click its Number link.
- Click the Variations tab. Depending on the number of variation tiers configured for the tool, the following tables appears in the tab:
- Commitment Variations
- Potential Variations
- Variation Requests
Change the Status of the Commitment Variation from 'Approved'
- In the Commitment Variations table, locate the 'Approved' variations.
- Click View to open the variation.
- Click Edit.
- In the Status drop-down list, change the status from 'Approved' to a different status.
- Click Save.
Delete the Commitment Variation
- Click the Variations tab.
- In the Commitment Variations section, locate the variation to remove.
- In the confirmation dialogue box that appears, click OK to confirm the removal action for the selected variation.