To update advanced settings for a head contract using the controls in the Head Contracts tool's Advanced Settings tab.
If you are a user with 'Admin' level permissions on the Head Contracts tool, the steps below show you how to edit advanced settings for the project's head contract. This includes choosing an accounting method for the Program of Values (SOV), enabling financial markup, owner progress claim settings, comments settings and payment settings. In addition to these Advanced Settings, additional contract configuration settings are on the tool's Configure Settings page. See Configure Settings: Head Contracts.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Head Contracts tool.
- Additional Information:
- Additional contract configuration settings are on the tool's Configure Settings page. See Configure Settings: Head Contracts.
- Navigate to the project's Head Contracts tool.
- Locate the head contract to work with. Then click its Number link.
- Click Advanced Settings.
Note: If your browser window is not in full-screen mode, choose More > Advanced Settings.
- Click Edit.
- Under Schedule of Values Settings, set the following:
- Accounting Method. Select Amount Based or Unit/Qty Based. After you create one or more line items, you cannot modify this setting. See How do I set the accounting method for a contract? for more information on the difference between Amount Based and Unit/Quantity based.
- Under Financial Markup Settings, set the following:
- Enable Financial Markups. Place a checkmark in this box to enable financial markup on Head Contract Variations only. For more information, see Add Financial Markup to Head Contract Variations.
- Under Owner Progress Claim Settings, set the following:
- Enable Owner Progress Claims. Place a checkmark in this box to enable owner progress claims on the head contract.
- Enable Completed Work Retention. Place a checkmark in this box to enable work completed work retention on Head Contract Variations.
- Enable Stored Material Retention. Place a checkmark in this box to enable stored material retention on Head Contract Variations
- Level of Detail to Display on Variations. The level of detail that is selected here determines how variations are displayed on the 'Detail' tab of the owner progress claim. This setting affects the progress claim in view mode and print mode. See What are the different variation tiers? You will always enter and edit information at the line item level of detail specified. Select one of the following:
- Head Contract Variation (HCV)
- Potential Variation (PV)
- Line items in each Potential Variation (PV). This is the default setting.
- Show Markup on Progress Claim PDF and CSV. Place a tick in this box to show financial markup on the Detail tab's Export > PDF or Export > CSV for the Head Contract Progress Claims. For the CSV option, markup line items will be included at the bottom of the CSV file.
- Approve Subcontractor Progress Claims when Owner Approves Owner Progress Claims. Place a checkmark in this box so that once an owner approves an owner progress claim, the subcontractor progress claim is also approved. This functionality will only be enabled if owner progress claims are prefilled with progress claims. To learn how owner progress claims are prefilled, see Create an Owner Progress Claim.
- Show Cost Code on PDF. Place a checkmark in this box to show cost codes on the PDF. There is no cost code column in the Configurable PDF tab, but cost codes will show in headers if grouped by cost code.
- Under Payment Settings, set the following:
- Enable Comments. Place a checkmark in this box to see the Comments tab. Only users with 'Admin' level permissions on the Head Contracts tool can leave comments.
- Enable Payments. Place a checkmark in this box to enable payments on the head contract.
- Click Save.