Does a progress claim contact need an 'Invite to Bill' to submit a progress claim?
No. If you are a Procore collaborator who has been invited to submit a bill to a company using Procore, you do NOT need a copy of the 'Invite to Bill' to submit a progress claim. However, you will NOT be able to perform the task, until the company's progress claim administrator completes the following steps in Procore:
- Designate you as an 'Progress Claim Contact' on the commitment associated with the progress claim. For instructions, see Add Progress Claim Contacts to a Purchase Order or Subcontract.
- Grant you the appropriate access permissions to complete the task. For instructions, see Submit a New Progress Claim as a Progress Claim Contact.
NoteInstead of sending an 'Invite to Bill' to their progress claim contacts, some companies choose to create progress claims on behalf of their contractors and subcontractors. See Create a Progress Claim on Behalf of a Progress Claim Contact If your company is performing work on a project and you are not sure of the process in place, please contact the company that awarded you the contract for guidance.
When does Procore send an 'Invite to Bill'?
When an progress claim administrator for the Procore company account creates a new billing period, that user has the option to send out an automated billing invite to anyone who is either (1) named on the 'Private' list for the progress claim or (2) a member of the Commitment tool's default 'Invoice Contact' list. See Add Progress Claim Contacts to a Purchase Order or Subcontract.
What if my 'Invite to Bill' is lost or missing?
If a progress claim contact reports that their 'Invite to Bill' or reminder email is lost or missing, let that person know they can log in to Procore and submit the progress claim using the project's Commitments tool.
- Navigate to the project's Commitments tool.
- Locate the purchase order or subcontract that you were invited to submit a progress claim against. Then click the appropriate contract link to open it.
- Under Do you Want to Bill this Period?, indicate your intent to submit a progress claim by clicking the Yes button.
- Click the Post Response button.
This opens the 'New Progress Claim' page.