In Procore, the term granular permissions refers to task-based privileges that can be granted to users with 'Read Only' or 'Standard' level permissions on certain tools through the users' assigned permissions templates. The table below shows the granular permissions that are available for the Project level Admin tool.
|Granular Permission Name
|Granular Permission Description
|Update General Settings
|Grants users the privilege to add, edit and remove project details in the general settings for the Project level Admin tool. See Add or Edit General Project Information.
|Update Active Tabs
|Grants users the privilege to add, edit and remove the Procore tools that are active on a project. See Add and Remove Project Tools and Rearrange the Project Tools Menu.
|Manage Segment Items 1
|Grants users the privilege to add, edit, export and delete segment items on these segments in the project's Work Breakdown Structure: 'Cost Code', 'Sub Job' (optional) and any custom segments.
|Manage WBS Codes 2
|Grants users the privilege to manage the WBS budget code structure in a project's Work Breakdown Structure. See Arrange the Project Budget Code Structure.
|Grants users the privilege to create WBS budget codes in a project's Work Breakdown Structure.
|Grants users the privilege to add, edit and remove multi-tiered locations from a project. See Add Tiered Locations to a Project, Edit Tiered Locations and Delete Tiered Locations from a Project. See What are multi-tiered locations?
- For the 'Manage Segment Items' granular permission, be aware of the following:
- To edit or delete a company level custom segment item that was copied to your project, the Add/Edit/Delete Project Level Segment Items and Delete Segment Items Inherited from a Company settings must be turned ON by your company's Procore Administrator when adding the segment. To learn more, see Add Custom Segments, Edit Segment Items on a Project, and Delete Unused Segment Items from a Project.
- When editing a company level segment item that was copied to your project, you can only change the 'Description' field of the segment item. See Edit Segment Items on a Project.
- When editing a project level segment item that was specifically created on a project, you can change both the 'Code' and 'Description' of the segment item. See Edit Segment Items on a Project.
- Procore's default 'Cost Type' segment can only be managed by a Procore Administrator in the Company level Admin tool. See Add Company Cost Types.
- For users participating in the Beta Program for the Work Breakdown Structure: Activate & Deactivate Project Level Budget Codes feature, the 'Manage WBS Codes' granular permission also grants users the privilege to Activate Budget Codes on a Project and Deactivate Budget Codes on a Project.