Who receives a notification for updates in the Drawings tool?
See the sections below for details on when email notifications are sent for the Drawings tool.
Notifications for Uploaded Drawings
Notification emails are sent after the upload has completed processing to alert the recipient to review and confirm the drawings.
- If drawings were uploaded by an 'Admin' user, only that individual will receive a notification email.
- If drawings were uploaded by a user with the 'Upload Drawings' granular permission enabled on their permission template, all 'Admin' users for the Drawings tool will receive a notification email.
- If drawings were uploaded by a user with the 'Upload and Review Drawings' granular permission enabled on their permission template, only that individual will receive a notification email.
Note: While drawings can be reviewed and confirmed by users with this granular permission, an 'Admin' user will still need to publish the drawings for the rest of the project team to view. See Publish Drawings.
- 'Admin' users will receive a notification email after all drawings have been confirmed and are ready to be published. See Review and Confirm Drawings.
Notifications for Published and Distributed Drawings
Notification emails and mobile push notifications are sent after drawings have been published and distributed to alert users that there are new drawings to view.
ImportantThe individual publishing drawings must click Publish & Distribute in order for the notifications to be sent. Clicking 'Publish' will not alert any users to the changes.
- Any user on the Drawing Register Subscribers list will receive notifications for drawings that have been published and distributed.
Note: Users with 'Read Only' level permissions or higher to the project's Drawings tool can subscribe themselves to the drawings register and 'Admin' users can add any users on the project to the list.
- Subscribed users will be sent a notification email and users with push notifications enabled on the Procore app will receive a push notification on the device. See Enable Push Notifications for Drawings (iOS) and Configure Settings: Procore Android App.