Edit a Custom Prequalification Question
To edit a custom question on the prequalification form.
Once a custom question has been created and added to the Prequalificatioin form you can go back and edit the question.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' on the company's Prequalifications tool.
- Additional Information:
- There is only one Prequalification form for your company.
- Any edits will create a new version of the single Prequalification form and will update any existing forms sent to users.
- You will not be able to Publish from the Edit page.
- If you remove a question you will not be able to add that exact question back later. The question must be reworded to be added at a later date.
- Navigate to the company's Prequalifications tool.
- Click the Form tab.
- Click the Edit icon.
- Navigate to a category (e.g. General Information, Safety, Insurance and Bonding, Financials) and click the caret to expand the 'Additional Information' subsection.
Note: Each category on the form has an 'Additional Information' subsection with the option to add custom questions using the Add Question button.Scroll to the end of the section/subsection you want to add a custom question to.
- Under 'Additional Information', click the vertical ellipses then click Edit.
- Edit the question to your preference.
Note: When editing a Yes or No question type you can only update the text in the question field.
- Click Update.
Edit Question Types
- Text: When editing a text type question the format of the response is disabled. You can only edit the question field. Changing the answer format from short answer to paragraph box is not allowed.
- Drop-down: When editing a drop-down question type the trash icon used to delete response options is replaced with a field active icon. When you click the field active icon response options toggle from field active to field inactive . If you make a response option field inactive the field is disabled and will not show as a response option.
Note: When editing a drop-down question type you can edit the Question field, add more response options, and alphabetise response options. If a question does not allow multiple selections when it's created it cannot be changed when editing.
The following question types can only be changed when editing the question field text:
- File Upload
- Phone Number