NoteThe Steps below are only supported when your company's Procore account is using the ERP Integrations tool with Sage 300 CRE® or Viewpoint® Vista™. To learn more, see ERP Integrations: Import Sage 300 CRE® Job Cost Transactions to Procore or ERP Integrations: Import Viewpoint® Vista™ Job Cost Transactions to Procore.
To enable the job cost transaction syncing setting on a Procore project for companies using the Procore + Sage 300 CRE® integration.
If your Procore company account is integrated with Sage 300 CRE® or Viewpoint® Vista™, you have the ability to import job cost transaction data from your ERP. Once imported, the values of those transactions can be viewed in the 'Direct Costs' column on a budget line item in a Procore project. In addition, users who are assigned the appropriate granular permission can also click the values in the 'Direct Costs' column in the budget tool to open a window showing detailed information about the item.
- Add a 'Direct Costs' source column to your Procore project's budget view
Provides authorized users with the ability to add a 'Direct Costs' column to your project's budget view.
- Track ERP costs in a Procore budgetOnce the 'Direct Costs' column has been added to a budget view, project users with access permissions to the budget can view the lump-sum totals from the job cost transactions as a value on a budget line item. The value in this column shows your project's 'Direct Costs' total for the types and statuses selected in the column configuration. To learn more see Add the Columns for Job Cost Transaction Syncing to a Budget View for ERP Integrations.
- View direct cost transaction detail on a budget line item.
Project users with the 'View Direct Cost Detail' granular permission enabled on their permission template can click the hyperlink in the Direct Costs column of a budget line item to open the direct cost's details in a popup window. This granular permission is located in the 'Budget' area when configuring a permission template.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- To enable this setting, 'Admin' on the project's Admin tool.
- To submit a request to enable the feature in your company's Procore account, you must be your company's Procore Administrator or the designated ERP Integration Contact on your company's Procore account.
- Supported ERP Integrations:
This feature is supported in the following integrated ERP systems:
- Sage 300 CRE®
- Integration by Ryvit: Connects Procore and Viewpoint® Vista™
The steps for enabling this feature on a Procore project are as follows:
- Your company's Procore Administrator must submit a request to your company's Procore point of contact to enable this feature on the backend of Procore.
- For Sage 300 CRE®. A user with administrative privileges to your company's Sage 300 CRE® server must follow the steps in Setup the hh2 Sync Client to Sync Job Cost Transactions.
- Your Procore Administrator (or a user with 'Admin' permission on the project's Admin tool) must enable the job cost transactions syncing capability as described below.
- Your Procore Administrator must update your project's budget view(s) to complete these steps:
- If you have previously completed the steps described in Add the 'ERP Direct Costs' Column to a Procore Budget View for ERP Integrations, you will need to remove both the existing 'ERP Direct Costs' calculated column and the 'ERP Job to Date Costs' source column.
- After removing these columns, you will need to add the recommended columns for job cost transaction syncing to your budget view. For instructions, see Add the Columns for Job Cost Transaction Syncing to a Budget View for ERP Integrations.
- Navigate to the project's Admin tool.
- Under 'Project Settings', click General.
- Scroll to 'Advanced Project Settings'.
- Mark the checkbox to Enable ERP Job Cost Transaction Syncing.
This action enables the syncing feature in the project.
- Click Update.