Set or Release Retention on a HC/Client Progress Claim from the Client Contracts Tool
Limited ReleaseThe Client Contracts tool is available as a limited release for Procore customers in the United States and Canada who have implemented the Procore for Speciality Contractors point-of-view dictionary. To learn more, see What dictionaries and languages are available in the Procore web application?
To set or release retention for line items on a HC/Client progress claim with the Client Contracts tool.
You can use the steps below to:
- Set the Retention Amount. Enter a percentage to calculate the withholding amount. This percentage will be applied to all of the line items on the progress claim. For example, enter 10% to withhold 10% on each progress claim line item.
- Release the Retention Amount. Enter a percentage to calculate the amount to release on the progress claim. This moves the calculated amount from the 'Currently Retained' column to the 'Released this Period' column in the head contract. You can adjust this amount to perform a partial or full release as follows:
- A partial release indicates an amount is being withheld. For example, you would enter 50% if you are halfway through the project and your progress claim is for a progress payment.
- A final release means you are releasing the full amount and retention is no longer being withheld. For example, you would enter 100% after all of a project's contractual obligations are substantially complete and your progress claim is for final payment.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Client Contracts tool.
NoteThe steps below describe how to release retention on an HC progress claim with the Client Contracts tool. For companies using the project's Progress Billings tool, users with 'Admin' permission on the Client Contracts tool can also perform this task in Progress Billings. For details, see Set or Release Retention on a HC/Client Progress Claim with the Progress Billings Tool.
- Navigate to the project's Client Contracts tool.
- Click the HC/Client tab.
- Locate the HC/Client progress claim that you want to work with.
- Click the Detail tab.
- Click the Edit button.
- Choose one of the following:
Set Retention on All Line Items
- Under Set Retention on All Line Items, do the following:
- Enter the percentage to withhold in the Work Completed box.
- Click Set.
- Enter the percentage to withhold in the Materials Stored box. To learn more, see How do I bill for stored materials in Procore?
- Click Set.
Release Retention on All Line Items
- Under Release Retention on All Line Items, do the following:
- Enter the percentage to release in the Work Completed box.
- Click Release.