To replicate data for a specific site diary (e.g. Working Hours Register) by copying entries from a previous day.
When you are building out a site diary report for a current day, you might want to copy or clone an entry from a previous day. For example, you can save time by copying the Working Hours register, especially if the same construction vendors or workers are on site performing work.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' permissions on the project's Site Diary tool.
- Additional Information:
- You can only copy a diary entry from a single day to another day. If there are multiple entries for a single day, all entries will be copied to the new diary. Copying data to/from a specified date range is currently not supported.
- You can copy one or more diaries at the same time (e.g. Working Hours, Timecard, etc.).
- You can edit entries once they've been copied over.
- You can use the copy feature on all active site diaries except the Weather register because the data is dynamically being pulled from the Dark Sky service.
- The change history for the Site Diary tool will be updated to reflect these changes. The entry will also denote that the diary entry was created by using the copy feature.
- You can configure your Working Hours register so that the 'Hours' and 'Workers' values on a copied working hours register entry are set to zero (0). See Configure Advanced Settings: Site Diary.
Note: If this setting is not enabled, the copied working hours register entry will include the number of hours and workers from the previous entry.
- Navigate to your project's Site Diary tool.
- Use the date filters to navigate to the date you want to copy entries to.
Note: If you want to copy entries to a date that has already been marked complete, you will need to re-open the day. See Re-Open a Daily Log.
- Click Copy.
- In the 'Copy Records From' field, select a date in the past that you want to copy site diary entries from.
- Mark the tickbox(es) next to the diaries you want to copy or mark the top tickbox next to 'Diary Name' to select all.
- Click Copy.
Note: The diaries are automatically copied over to the specified day. You can modify the entries on this day as needed.