To edit a project's head contract.
You can edit a head contract at any time before you place it into the 'Approved' status.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Head Contracts tool.
- Additional Information:
- Some fields cannot be edited when items are in the 'Approved' status. For example, you cannot edit a Schedule of Values (SOV) on a head contract progress claim or Head Contract Variation (HCV) is already in the 'Approved' status.
Edit a Head Contract
- Navigate to the project's Head Contracts tool.
- Locate the head contract to work with, then click its Number link.
- Click Edit.
- In the General tab, under General Information, modify the following information as needed:
Notes: There are no required fields when creating a new head contract. If you click Create without completing any data entry, the system saves the contract with your name listed as the creator and places it in the Draft status by default.
- Sign with DocuSign©
If you are using the Procore + DocuSign© integration (see DocuSign©), a checkmark appears by default. Clear the checkmark from the box if the head contract does NOT require a DocuSign© signature.
- Contract #
Accept the default contract number, enter a new number for the head contract or create a custom numbering scheme to use.
- If you plan to create multiple head contracts, Procore increments this number for you by default. For example; 1, 2, 3 and so on.
- To use a custom numbering scheme, you can enter a set of alphanumeric characters (for example, PC-1 or PC-01 or PC-001), and Procore increments the number on new contracts.
Enter a descriptive name for the head contract.
Select the project owner/client from the drop-down list.
Select the lead architect for the project from the drop-down list.
Enter the company name of the primary contractor managing the construction project. If you are setting up the head contract, this will typically be your company's name.
Select the current status for the head contract. Options include Draft, Out for Tender, Out for Signature, Approved, Complete, or Terminated.
Note: To create variations and progress claims, a head contract's status must be set to Approved or Complete.
Place a mark in this check box if the contract has been fully executed.
- Make this Visible Only to Administrators and the Following Users
Place a mark in this check box to limit visibility to users with 'Admin' permission and any users designated in the 'Allow These Users to See SOV Items' checkbox.
- Allow These Users to See SOV Items
Place a mark in this check box. Then select the names of any users who have been granted 'Standard' or 'Read Only' permissions on the Head tool from the 'Select a Person' drop-down list.
- Default Retention. Specify a default percentage that will automatically be applied to all line item costs for retention purposes. For example, enter: 10%
Enter a descriptive summary to provide more detail about the head contract.
Attach any relevant files to the head contract. For example, an electronic copy of the signed contract.
- Sign with DocuSign©
- Under Contract Dates, do the following:
Note: A user with 'Admin' permission on the Head tool can configure the tool to show or hide the sites marked with an asterisk (*) below. See Configure Settings: Head Contracts.
- Date Created
Shows the date the contract was created. This cannot be modified.
- Start Date
Specify the project's official start date.
- Estimated Completion Date
Specify the estimated date for project completion.
- Substantial Completion Date*
Select the date from the calendar control. The substantial completion date refers to the date that work is considered sufficiently complete to satisfy contractual requirements. It also indicates the date that the project owner or client can assume occupancy of all or part of a project and the head contractor is entitled to receive contract balance payment (less retention) until final completion.
Note: If enabled, the substantial completion date will be updated to each Head Contract Variation's Revised Substantial Completion Date once each Head Contract Variation has a status of Approved.
- Actual Completion Date
Select the date from the calendar control. This represents that final payments have been processed and the contract is considered closed.
- Contract Date*
Select the date from the calendar control. This represents the effective date of the contractual agreement. This is the date the contract goes into force.
- Signed Contract Received Date
Select the date from the calendar control. This represents the date that the executed contract was received.
- Execution Date*
Select the date from the calendar control. This represents the date the agreement was signed by all parties.
- Issued On Date*
Select the date from the calendar control. This date represents the date the contractual agreement was issued to both parties.
- Returned Date
Select the date from the calendar control.
- Letter of Intent Date
Select the date from the calendar control. A letter of intent date is the date the Letter of Intent (LOI) document outlining the agreement between parties is received before the contract is finalized.
- Approval Letter Date*
Select the date from the calendar control. A letter of approval date is the date that compliance with the fees, statements and disclosures stated in the Letter of Approval (LOA) for the contract was signed into the record.
- Contract Termination Date
Select the date from the calendar control. A contract termination date is a date outlined in the head where all parties have met all contractual obligations and terms.
- Date Created
- Under Additional Information, do the following:
- Inclusions. Specify any agreed-upon inclusions in the contract.
- Exclusions. Specify any agreed-upon exclusions in the contract.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to the Head Contracts tool.
- Click the Program of Values tab.
- Click the vertical ellipsis (⋮). Then choose from the following menu options:
- Add Above. Select this option to add a line item above the current line item.
- Add Below. Select this option to add a line item below the current line item.
- Delete. Select this option to delete the current line item.
TipTo rearrange line items in the list, you can type over the numbers in the # column. This lets you specify the list order of each item on the SOV.
- Click Save.