To delete a defect list item template at the Project level.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions: 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Defect List tool.
- Additional Information:
- When you delete a defect list item template, it is permanently removed from your project. Alternatively, rather than delete the template, you can deactivate it so that it is inaccessible to team members when they create a new item. See Deactivate a Defect Item Template on a Project.
- You can only delete defect list item templates created at the Project level (i.e. templates that do not have a key icon next to them.)
- Navigate to the project's Defect List tool.
- Click Configure Defect List Settings in the right pane under your filtering options.
- Click Defect List Templates.
- Scroll to the template that you want to delete.
- Click the red X next to the template to remove it from the project.
Note: If the x is greyed out, you will not be able to delete the item because it was created at the Company level. See Delete a Company Level Defect Item Template.