This content is for Procore customers using the legacy experience for owner progress claims. To learn about the beta program for the modernised experience, see Project Financials: Modernised Owner Progress Claim Experience beta program.
Limited ReleaseThe Client Contracts tool is available as a limited release for Procore customers in the United States and Canada who have implemented the Procore for Speciality Contractors point-of-view dictionary. To learn more, see What dictionaries and languages are available in the Procore web application?
To email a HC/Client progress claim to a head contractor or client as a request for payment.
If you are a speciality contractor who is managing a construction project in your Procore account, you can send a copy of the Detail tab of the HC progress claim to a head contractor or client. Keep in mind that the steps below send only send a PDF copy of the Detail tab. It does NOT send a copy of the Configurable PDF tab.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- 'Admin' level permissions on the project's Client Contracts tool.
- Additional Information:
- You can also navigate to the progress claim in the project's Invoicing tool. See Email a HC/Client Progress Claim from the Client Contracts Tool.
- Navigate to the project's Client Contracts, Funding, or Head Contracts tool.
- Click the Progress Claims tab.
- In the table, locate the contract or funding that the progress claim is billing against.
- Click the Number link to open the contract or funding.
- Click the Email Progress Claim button.
This launches the 'Forward Progress Claim #[#] for [Contract or Funding] #[#] - [Billing Period Start - Billing Period End]' window in the Emails tab of the progress claim.
- The Email Progress Claim button sends a copy of the progress claim's 'Detail' tab to the designated recipients.
- The data on the 'Configurable PDF' tab of the progress claim is NOT provided with this email message.
- Complete the following fields:
- To. Enter the name of the person you are requesting payment from.
- CC. Enter in names of people you want to be copied on the email thread. Your name appears in this field by default.
- Private. Mark this checkbox if you only want the progress claim to be available to the progress claim administrator and those named in the To/Cc fields.
- Subject. This field will populate with the number of the progress claim.
- Attachments. Attach any related documents or files.
- Message. Include an additional message regarding the progress claim.
- Click Send.
A YELLOW 'Communication Created' banner appears to confirm the outgoing message has been created and added to Procore's outgoing email queue.
- A record of your outgoing message is saved in the 'Emails' tab on the progress claim.
- Any messages sent to the 'From' address on your outgoing message are automatically saved in the progress claim's 'Emails' tab. This provides your message recipients with the convenience to use the reply feature in their email program. It also captures your collaborator's approve or reject responses in writing.