To create a site team in the Site Teams tool.
Laborers on job sites are managed into groups called crews so they can be more easily organized. Each crew consists of workers who perform one or more scope of work (such as a crew of concrete workers) and is lead by a Crew Lead, or Foreman, who is responsible for the crew’s work.
Things to Consider
- Required User Permissions:
- ‘Standard’ or ‘Admin’ level permissions on the project's Crews tool.
- Navigate to the project's Crews tool.
- Click +Create in the top right corner.
- Click Create Site Team.
In the 'Select Crew Members and Crew Lead' window, mark the checkbox(es) that correspond to the worker that you want to add to the crew.
- The employees in the 'Select Crew Members and Crew Lead' window are 'Users' and 'Contacts' in the Company and Project Directory. Contacts are created in the Crews tool. See Add a Worker.
- For 'Contacts' the worker's 'Employee ID' shows in the 'Select Crew Members and Crew Lead' window's employee list. An Employee ID can be edited in the project's Crews tool (see Edit a Worker, the Company Directory (see Edit a Contact in the Company Directory), or the Project Directory (see Edit a Contact in the Company Directory).
- For more information on how to check for this setting in a user's profile, see Edit a User Account in the Project Directory. If the employee is only added to the Company Directory, the setting 'Can company employees be tracked on all projects?' setting must be enabled. See Configure Advanced Settings: Company Level Timesheets.
Select a Crew Lead by clicking the Set as Crew Lead button next to the employee’s name.
Note: You cannot set a worker as a crew lead.
Enter a name for your crew.